Influencing factors of the comfort of body ar
Fibers and materials are the primary factor for weight loss and wearability of body armor. The drastic improvement of its breathability and softness can help the wearer to react and move quickly when encountering danger. At present, bulletproof clothing is developing towards better protective fiber and lower cost. The research and development of new materials and the application of new technologies are the driving force for its development. The decisive factor for improving the protective performance of military bulletproof vests and reducing weight is bulletproof materials. Therefore, choosing mature, high-quality, high-strength, soft and lightweight materials is an important way to achieve weight reduction and ensure comfort.
1. A new generation of Kevlar aramid fiber: Kevlar AS450X is a new generation of aramid product that solves multiple security threats, specially developed for the wearer to wear body armor more comfortably. The product has developed a protective equipment that integrates stab-proof, nail-proof and bullet-proof functions. While providing good comfort, it also shows remarkable mobility, especially when driving on patrol vehicles.
According to market research, bulletproof vests need to be waterproof. Kevlar XPS104 fabric has excellent elasticity and comfort even in humid conditions, and is especially suitable for tropical climates or extremely humid occasions.
2. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber: In the 1990s, the United States realized the commercial production of ultra-high modulus polyethylene fiber with the trade name 'Spectra', which has superior performance, strength and higher modulus than Kevlar. The amount is the fiber spun out of polyethylene with a molecular weight of 1 to 50 million. Under the condition of maintaining the same protective performance as Kevlar products, the weight of bulletproof helmets and vests made of this fiber material can be reduced by 1/3. The ultra-high modulus polyethylene fiber is resistant to chemical corrosion and wear resistance; its density is very low, and it has excellent mechanical properties and energy absorption properties; the fiber density is the smallest among all high-performance fibers, which can greatly reduce the physical strength of the staff.
3. Spider silk: Spider silk is the most tough and elastic fiber in the world and belongs to biological protein fiber. It has the best structure produced in nature, and has high anti-fracture strength and excellent comprehensive performance: tough texture, high strength, good elasticity, softness, light weight, etc., and it is biodegradable and recyclable. It is used in aerospace (such as structural materials for aircraft and artificial satellites, composite materials, aerospace clothing), military (such as tank armor, body armor, parachutes), construction (such as structural materials for bridges and high-rise buildings), and medicine (such as artificial joints). , Tendons, ligaments) and other fields have shown broad application prospects.
4. Carbon nanotubes: Carbon nanotubes are hollow graphite cylinders, only one atom thick. It is similar in structure to polymer materials, but its stability is much higher. If it is made into a composite material, it can make it have good strength, elasticity, fatigue resistance and isotropy; it can improve the engineering characteristics of UHMWPE and strengthen its heat dissipation capacity. It can be made of this type of material The body armor not only can withstand greater impact, but also is more airy, lightweight and comfortable.
With the advancement of biotechnology, tough materials like spider silk may be mass-produced through genetic modification or synthesis. The development of nanotechnology will also make it possible to develop flexible and strong bulletproof materials. At present, the high-performance fibers commonly used as the matrix of composite materials mainly include carbon fiber, aramid fiber, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber, and glass fiber. These high-performance fibers and fiber-reinforced resins can be compounded into a bulletproof composite material with superior performance, which has the advantages of light weight, good flexibility, and good protective effect.
5. Shear thickening liquid bulletproof clothing: Shear thickening liquid STF bulletproof clothing is a super concentrated liquid synthesized by polyethylene glycol and silicon particles. It is filled in the interlayer of the traditional body armor or smeared on the surface of the fiber. When bullets or shrapnel hit the body armor, the liquid inside will instantly transform into a kind of extremely high hardness under the huge pressure of the projectile. The substance forms a 'shield'; once the pressure disappears, it quickly returns to a liquid state. The protection reliability of STF bulletproof clothing is greatly enhanced, the weight is lighter than the current products, the production cost is greatly reduced, and it has a good development prospect.